But for now I must write a paper relating a group of ancient political philosophizers and American government...not fun =( but it has to be done. I know that no one really reads this so I feel safe saying whatever I want...I seriously think that only 2 people ever remember that I have a live journal, but thats ok, I like it that way. Anyway my cousin Nadia...I could write a book on her. I love her, don't get me wrong, its just....she made a choice, and while at first I was unhappy with that choice I have now embraced it.
I can expect to see a new baby girl on Halloween =D yes, my cousin Nadia is preggers. And you know it wasn't the pregnancy that upset me, it was the guy she mated with...sorry to put it so bluntly but it is true. This guy, Vincent, has been in and out of prison. She has been dating him on and off for 3 or 4 years now, and I have tried so hard to persuade her that he is not the best guy for her, but she does not listen. He is very abusive of her and angers me more than anything. Last week she had broken up with him, but I am sure that this week she is back with him.
The Extent of the abuse:
1.In front of me he has called her ugly, well not in those words, but I heard him say "Nadia, you should be more beautiful" motherfucker, my cousin is way too pretty for him.
2. He has stolen her car twice to my knowledge. The most recent one was when she was still attending classes at cal state LA. He abandoned her there with no ride and she waited for him until 9 p.m. at which point she called her parents. This is suppose to be love? A boyfriend that takes your car so he can have a boxcar with all his friends and forget about you? What bullshit.
3. He had initially given Nadia's family a parrot he had captured in a palm tree or something. Nadia and her family were very happy with the bird, they had the cage left over from their other bird that was sadly eaten by dog. Well one day he decides that Nadia isn't good enough, so he breaks into their house when they are not home, leaves it a mess, and takes the bird that was suppose to be a gift from him. Last time I checked, when you give a gift you don't take it back unless you are going to exchange it for a bigger size or something.
4. He disrespects my cousin. He does not let her talk at all.
5. He's a coward. The reason he would go with her to Cal state LA is because he did not want her talking to any other guys. He was supper jealous. I got into a fight with him about this. Meeting new guys is expected from a college environment. I guess he doesn't know that cause he's never been to a college, community or otherwise.
6. He used to deal and use crack cocaine.
7. He is now a janitor with no future plans at the moment.
8. HE HAD A KID WITH ANOTHER WOMAN BEFORE...I dunno if my cousin knew that before, but I certainly didn't! And according to his mom he does not support that other child in any way.
I think the worst part of all this is that Nadia lives next door, so it is very difficult for her to avoid seeing him. If you can't tell from this lengthy post, I don't have high expectations of this guy, and I don't think I ever will. This guy has disrespected me. In the middle of that argument about meeting guys in college he walked out on me...I guess he realized that maybe I had reason in saying that he was an idiot for thinking that Nadia wouldn't meet guys in school.
On a happier note, I can't wait for the little girl to be here. I want her to be ignorant of her father, but I know that its not in my control. I am now happy that the secret is finally out, even though it took 5 months. I want to protect her from everything that is bad. I feel like she is going to be my daughter too, maybe because this is the closet cousin I have, the only blood relative that comes close to being my sister.
Oh one more thing, one of my aunts talked shit about me. I am not sure what she said. But all I have to say to that is, was it truthful? Or was it some concoction of her imagination? I am not satanic...far from it. I am not the one that has dropped out of high school...I dunno...I wonder if she ever looks at her own daughter. Maybe she doesn't like me cause I am the only one that talks back when she tells me that my religion is crap and that her religion is right...its such crap to me. I have my beliefs and I wish she would respect them like I respect hers. I never go up to her and tell her that her religion is crap and wrong and that she won't get to heaven because of that.
With that said, Abby you're in my prayers if you are reading this, and so is Marisol, my cousin, and my uncle who has unfortunately been threatened by a terrorist group in El Salvador =(
P.S. I will be going to the kiss concert this Friday wooo!!